BlueCross BlueShield Centennial Center, Albuquerque, NM
zpd+a was retained by Health Care Service Corporation to provide architectural and engineering services for the office design of a new, 85,000 sq. ft. office facility located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. One of the client's goals was occupancy of the first 50,000 square feet within a mere six months -- a very aggressive schedule for conceptual planning through move-in. zpd+a immediately began to:
- Develop a two-phased series of planning options
- Assess the potential re-use of existing HVAC, lighting and plumbing systems
- Develop a schematic design construction narrative allowing the development of both pricing and scheduling models early in the design process
- Coordinate ordering construction materials, AV technology and furniture
- Work with a local architect to coordinate the permit process, provide weekly site visits and respond to on-site coordination issues
Our fast-track, multi-discliplined team approach enabled this well-planned, comfortable work environment to be completed under budget and within the six-month schedule.
Approx. 85,000 sq. ft.
> PDF Download